Tuesday 15 March 2016

Poppintree Parkrun: New Route

 
So our Pparkrun changed the route last weekend!!! We've been hearing about changes due to be made to the course of Parkrun for some time and they have finally arrived!
The old tree one-mile laps were replaced with two bigger and one smaller loops. If anybody thought this old route was confusing, the new one is even more so ;) but once you grasp it, it's actually less monotonous.

 
Old Route
New Route
 I find that it's good to add some variety to the race - helps spicing things up ;) but it also means that there are more volunteers required every week. Hopefully there will be no shortage of helpers!
This week we had lead bike guiding us on the new course which was very helpful. The new route was actually less crowded thank the previous one and more open, which won't be great on a windy day. Well, let's hope it'll make us run faster! Finished line has also been moved out of the way, so it's not so easy to click somebody in by mistake.


New PB


My official time was 24:04 which improved my PB by 1 second (every little helps!) - YAY! so it seems that the smaller loop at the end really gives you a boost :) What surprised me though was, that Endomondo notified me of a personal 3mile record, even though my runs are measured in KMs.

There will be no PB's next week because I will be volunteering and running a 10KM race on Sunday. I hope everybody else is going to get a new PB. This change seems to be working well.

No comments:

Post a Comment